Pages

Altered Q-Tip Box

July 27, 2009


I have a feeling this might be the beginning of a (bad) trend for me. I've altered another box. This time, a Q-Tip box!

I was about to toss it into the recycling box when I looked at it again and thought, "Hmm.. I can reuse this!". And I love how it slides in and out. So I kept it. (I've always had a hard time throwing things out, but now that I've discovered that I can make stuff out of all the junk items I keep, our home is going to be filled!)

For this project, I used paper from GCD Studio's Margarita collection. One of my favourite paper textures is linen and this collection is all about linen! Plus, with the added bonus of some shimmer and foil, what's not to like about this line?

The only problem, really, with lining my box with this paper was that it's a little on the thicker side so the inner box is a little snug and a little harder to pull out BUT it's still cute!

I finished off this box with a ribbon pull and a button... just because I wanted a ribbon pull on the end and a button. No other reason, really. I think it looks cute! Not really sure what to use it for YET but I will.. I'll find something to fill it with. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. What a super project!!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog during the Paper Popsicles blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete