Pages

Alana's Gift

July 20, 2009

A few of my friends are getting married soon! It's so exciting!

For my friend's bridal shower this past weekend, I didn't have a lot of time to come up with a gift idea so I headed to a store where she had a gift registry, got the ladies working there to pull out practically everything off her list and I picked and chose what to get her based on an idea I had in my head of how I'd wrap it.

Yeah, that's basically how my brain functions. I think of what I want the final product to look like and find things that'll fit into that idea. Sometimes it's restricting, but other times, it's a real time-saver.

A lot of her choices were packaged in boxes or oddly shaped so I avoided those ones. For her gift, I wanted to make a "gift basket" type thing so I ended up choosing 3 bowls (one large one, two smaller ones) as the "basket" and filled it with a few other goodies. This is how it ended up looking:



Not that professional-looking (my sister's gonna teach me how to do that next time - she's got all these tricks from working at Williams-Sonoma... fancy!) but it still looks presentable. I tucked the card inside so I wouldn't have to stick it on top and ruin the presentation. Looks pretty cute inside, I think.

Here's the card up-close:



And that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment