Pages

Christmas Cards 2009

November 23, 2009

Handmade Christmas cards have a special place in my craft-heart because that's really when it all started for me. Last Christmas, I invited my cousin over to make some cards for our friends. We barely had any supplies, but we made it work and it was a really rewarding experience. I was hooked.

Last year, I was into the blue-silver colour combo for my tree.

This year, I'm leaning more towards the red-white-silver combo. Red was my grandmother's favourite colour and I'm really learning to love the rich tones. It brings such warmth into the picture.


I've also been seeing a lot of embossed vellums so I wanted to give that a try as well. It was a little messier than I anticipated, but I think that's just because I need to get better embossing powder. Oh well!

And this year, instead of making the exact same card for everyone, I want to try to take one idea/theme and use it in different ways to make a bunch of different cards that look similar! Everyone needs a little variety every now and then!



(Whoops, sorry this picture is a little crooked!) You can't see it through the vellum in this picture, but inside the card, I have a sentiment from the Snow Swirled set stamped inside.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Christmas cards! The embossing combined with the kraft is a nice change of pace! My favorite is the one with the extra snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete