Pages

Baby Bundle

October 12, 2010

This past weekend, my mom threw a baby shower for our Baby #2. I know that traditionally, most people don't get a shower for the second baby, but considering the circumstances*, I think my mom really wanted to do something for us to celebrate this baby.

After church, we made a mad dash to my parents' place. We played games, had some yummy food and I got to chat with a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time.

And after enough experience with these types of events - bridal showers, weddings, baby showers, etc., I know enough to plan ahead for thank you cards.

When I first found out my mom was going to throw me a shower, I immediately sat down and planned out what the thank you cards would look like. I needed them to be quick, simple, and easy to make.


I had stamped and punched out the pieces weeks ago, but I couldn't decide how I wanted the ribbon on, so I left them sitting around for a while until this weekend.


Then, I woke up early on Thanksgiving Monday and got right to work putting the cards together and personalizing them with messages of thanks. What a suitable way to spend Thanksgiving, eh?


I made quite a few of these cards and intentionally left the sentiments off so that I could use any extras as other types of baby cards. For these ones though, I stamped "thank you" on the inside.


*About a month after baby #2 is born, we will be moving to the other side of the world. That means the time she gets to spend with Baby #2 will be the complete opposite of what it was like with Nathan - we lived with my parents for about 2 years before we moved to our condo!

No comments:

Post a Comment