Pages

Bursts of Christmas Energy

November 19, 2010

With all the Christmas-y inspiration around already, it's sometimes hard for me to come up with something I want to make. It's almost like I get over-stimulated. I want to make what everyone else is making and it's hard for me to focus on what I can make with my own tools and supplies. But, ever so often, I catch my breath, calm down and focus.

I think that's why my Christmas crafting always happens in waves. This year, I made a single Christmas card. That was at the end of October.

That card was sandwiched by the bursts of Christmas energy I had in the middle of October and beginning of November when I promised my friend I'd help her with a little fundraising project for the youth group at our church. I made a whole bunch of gift tags for them to sell.

And now that I've spent nearly 3 weeks watching KWerner's Holiday Christmas Card series, I've finally found some inspiration (and time) to sit down and create a few more Christmas cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment